Lists of Freedoms – Independence
So much symbolism in this holiday, and at this time of year for those of us in recovery. Long days to live life to the fullest…
Independence Day for our country – it’s a birthday – take a chip, USA.
Some of the freedoms we hold dear in recovery are ideals, concepts, and things we strive for – which is also true for us as a country… progress not perfection.
But today and this month, let’s honor the freedoms we have created for ourselves – and that is MUCH to celebrate!
1. Freedom from Bondage of Self
2. Freedom from Guilt
3. Freedom from Shame
4. Freedom from Drugs, Alcohol, (Food, Gambling, Codependency)
5. Freedom from Having to hide from people
6. Freedom from Hangovers, Headaches, Heaving
7. Freedom from Icky one night stands
8. Freedom from Lies
9. Freedom from Drama
10. Freedom from Regrets, Self-recrimination
11. Freedom from Pride or Arrogance
12. Freedom from Secrets from the past
In gratitude, harmony, and support,