The season of gratitude is upon us, and I wanted to start the month off right with a list post on that very subject! The gifts of sobriety are, of course, too many to enumerate. But that won’t stop me from trying . . .
Each one of these bullet points could be a full post – or even a book – unto itself. I have attempted to capture a universe of meaning in a sentence, and trust the words will resonate with you at a deep level. Please feel free to add your “gratitudes” in the comments.
Oh, and I want to be sure I mention how very grateful I am for you!
15 Gifts of Sobriety for Which I Am Deeply Grateful
1. I recognize, believe in, and celebrate my worthiness as a Child of God.
2. I am free to live my life in the Light.
3. I have a “road map” by which to live and be.
4. When I make a mistake, I forgive myself.
5. My relationships are much more peaceful, and when I do experience conflict, I have the tools to work through it lovingly.
6. I forgive others easily and communicate openly.
7. My level of awareness continues to expand. I see beauty in places I never imagined before.
8. I am accountable. My sponsor and my sober friends help me take healthy responsibility for my decisions and actions.
9. I am trustworthy. And I am trusting.
10. When I walk into a meeting, I feel welcome and at home. I do my part to help others feel the same.
11. As I practice willingness and release, I truly notice how my serenity increases.
12. My Higher Power is the only Power there is.
13. I believe in the Good, and I see it expressing everywhere in my world.
14. Before I go to sleep, I look back over my day. I celebrate everything that was wonderful and acknowledge anything I would like to have done differently.
15. I do not fear what tomorrow may hold. I look forward to a bright and happy future.
In gratitude, harmony and support,