13 Freedoms I Have Come to Cherish
Freedom’s just another word for nothing left to lose… That rang true for me in the past when I was closer to the bottom. Now it just sounds cynical and sad.
Freedom today is just another word for appreciating all of life’s pleasures and treasures, and not the tangible things. Like the things on this list:
1. Freedom from the Bondage of Self – (the granddaddy of ‘em all.)
2. Freedom from the Oversized Arrogant Ego
3. Freedom from Criticism – (and from the effects of being criticized)
4. Freedom from Shoulda
5. Freedom from Resentment
6. Freedom from Fear
7. Freedom from Blame
8. Freedom from Shame and Guilt
9. Freedom from Regret
10. Freedom from Drama
11. Freedom from Lies and trying to keep ‘em straight
12. Freedom from Judgment
13. Freedom from Hangovers, Headaches, Heaving
And with a salute to Chapter 5 – How It Works:
Do not be discouraged. No one among us has been able to maintain anything like perfect adherence to these… The point is we are willing to grow along spiritual lines… We claim spiritual progress rather than spiritual perfection.
Happy Fourth of July – Let Freedom Ring and Ring and Ring!
In gratitude, harmony, and support,